Enterprise Customer Success Manager (UK)
Enterprise Customer Success Manager
Permutive is looking for an Enterprise Customer Success Manager in London, who can steer our most mature publishers to deliver game-changing ROI through Permutive.
As an Enterprise Customer Success Manager, your mission is to make Permutive the #1 platform for publishers to make data-driven revenue. You manage our Enterprise accounts to deliver exceptional retention, and customer satisfaction. You negotiate multi-year renewals for our Enterprise accounts, and work with other CSMs to lead on complex renewals across our EMEA accounts.
As a Customer Success Manager your are focussed on client ROI, through your hands on change management, consultative approach working with client stakeholders and proactive development of best practice recommendations. Internally you're a subject knowledge expert on Customer Success, and are pivotal to the development of our processes and ways of working as a team.
- Manage at least £1.5M ARR Enterprise accounts (where Enterprise is £300K to £600K ARR), managing renewals to deliver 100% retention rate with multi-year renewals
- Reduce time to value of your customers, so they consistently deliver value within one month of completing implementation
- Increase ROI of your customers, so they consistently realise annual value that is greater than 3x their contract cost, have clear milestones to increase ROI further, and deliver value that is above-and-beyond what is possible through competitors
- Achieve very high customer CSAT, across a range of Senior and Mid-Level stakeholders at each of your customers
- Accelerate our progress towards company OKRs, through your domain expertise and thought leadership
- Contribute to net expansion by consistently delivering qualified cross-sell opportunities into Sales, and up-selling to your own customers when appropriate
- Contract negotiations. Process driven approach to running commercial renewals, and minor up-sells, including establishing value, uncovering internal champions and negotiating effectively to deliver preferred outcomes. You follow clear SaaS sales methodologies, which you apply to Enterprise renewals.
- Build effective relationships across complex client organisations. Understand the role of Permutive within the wider business context, and efficiently navigate through the org chart to build relationships with pivotal stakeholders, including ensuring relationships are set up with other Permutive stakeholders
- Consultative approach. Through effective questioning hold discovery conversations which uncover opportunities for Permutive to contribute to the wider business. Work alongside internal champions to build Success Plans and deliver on these
- Hands on change management. Hands on approach to changing organisational workflows to deliver milestones. Achieve this through a combination of approaches including project management, training sessions and working with stakeholders to achieve their buy-in and influence approach
- Advising clients on best practice. Actively educate yourself on the product and take ownership of uncovering new use cases and value propositions. Curious and focussed approach to understand your client's industry, their business and how similar customers have been most successful. Articulate a compelling narrative for how your clients can be successful, and continually iterate on this.
- Effective communication. In presentations, and in written emails, apply positioning to positively articulate progress and quantify value delivered. When issues arrive, be tactful in messaging these and ensuring fast resolution. Structured and easy-to-follow communication style verbally, and in writing, and tailor narrative to be most applicable for your audience.
- Build rapport with senior stakeholders. Approachable, humorous and professional persona, which engenders trust. Tailored approach to working with C-Level and Exec client stakeholders, which adds value to them and accelerates ROI for the business.
- Customer Success thought leadership. Knowledge of industry best practice for Customer Success, and take ownership of continuing to develop this. Proactively inform CS team strategy and OKRs, and lead projects that contribute to these OKRs. Mentor other Customer Success Managers, and go above-and-beyond to support when you're expertise is valuable
We expect that you definitely have
- Experience as a Customer Success Manager in Enterprise B2B SaaS (where Enterprise is ARR between £300K and £600K)
- Experience running client renewals for multi-year Enterprise deals, and across a range of smaller deals
- Experience coordinating across multiple client teams (5+), co-ordinating directly with multiple stakeholders (20+) within a single account
- Experience working with C Level and Exec client stakeholders
We expect that you might have
- Experience working with new products, and being proactive in uncovering use cases and finding value
- Experience working with very technical products, and working alongside Technical Account Managers
- Experience working with Enterprise IT software and co-ordinating business and IT stakeholders
- Experience working with Publishers, Martech or Adtech
- Experience writing about Customer Success, and writing about best practice for your customers
We’re a B2B SaaS company building the data platform and tools for a world with a trillion edge devices. We have product–market fit and customers that love us, and we’re growing rapidly in Europe and the US. We raised a $10M Series A at the beginning of 2018 and have received funding from some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator. We're currently 30 people based in London, with a team of 5 based from NY.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
We believe three things are important in a hiring process: what we ask you to do during an interview will be as close as possible to what we would ask you to do as part of your job; to provide you with open, honest feedback throughout the process; and to be respectful of your time. As such, our process is:
- A 30 minute phone interview with our Head of Customer Success, where we'll talk a little about Permutive and the role we're hiring for and you'll talk about yourself, your experience and how you manage Enterprise accounts
- A ~3 hour on-site interview, where you'll: spend 45 mins talking to one of our Sales Directors about how you manage contract renewals; 1 hour with one of Customer Success Managers talking about how you work with customers, and your colleagues; 75 mins with our Head of Customer Success discussing your experience
- Finally, we'll have you in for another onsite interview, that'll last ~3 hours (we can do them the following week or as close together as you'd like). You'll meet both our Co-Founders, and have the opportunity to ask them any questions you have about Permutive. You'll also spend an hour with Head of Customer Success, giving a short presentation on how you approach contract renewals, and discussing the role in more detail
- At this point, if it's appropriate, we'll make an offer
- Very competitive salary
- Stock options (you'll own a piece of the pie)
- Weekly lunches and quarterly social events
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks
- Extensive training and development opportunities
- A good contributory pension