Permutive is looking for a Software Engineer to help connect our real-time data management platform to the rest of the world.
Our SDK is deployed on our customers websites, and is responsible for tracking billions of user events every day, syncing with our cloud infrastructure, and reacting to real-time events on-site. This code runs on millions of devices every day, and as a core part of the Permutive platform it is essential that it is an efficient, performant and well maintained codebase.
Who We Are
We’re a small team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We believe that enterprise companies build clunky platforms which make big data confusing, frustrating and boring. Manipulating billions of data points should feel like you’re being plugged into the Matrix; not into a 90s accountancy package.
Our technology is fundamentally different. Every day we process billions of events across hundreds of millions of users - and we give results in milliseconds. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge.
Revenue is growing super fast; we’re working with flagship publishers and marketers; and we’re beating billion dollar competitors in market. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF and Octopus Ventures.
Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience start-up life and shape who we become.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Find ways to optimise code, to ensure it is clean and performant
As an early hire you will also have the opportunity to be exposed and contribute to every aspect of the business, from product decisions and development processes to strategy.
We think to be brilliant in your role you really need to have:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or the equivalent in work experience
- Knowledge of jQuery, AJAX, cookies, browser storage, HTML and CSS
- Ability to efficiently debug code using Chrome’s DevTools
- Have a broad understanding of software engineering concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It would be a plus if you have any of these:
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience writing an SDK to enable interaction with a product, service or API
- Experience in a client-facing or technical support role
In our mind the real benefit is to join a team where you have a laugh together, have a huge personal impact on decisions and get excited about things together. It’s that incredible team feeling of ‘You’re my team and we’re gonna smash this’.
As a VC backed start-up we hope you’ll gain a huge amount from working with our team. And, of course, there’s other perks too.
- Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- Weekly lunches and quarterly socials. Highlights recently included Mexican food, escape room and pub trips
- So many office snacks you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
- Offices just off Brick Lane
- A Macbook