Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Permutive is looking for DevOps to help us scale our real-time data management platform.
You’ll help scale our cloud-based infrastructure, ensuring that we are able to run efficiently at massive scale (currently averaging over 20k req/s) while keeping our costs under control. This will include working extensively with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Terraform and running distributed systems such as Kafka. You will take ownership of core parts of our infrastructure and find ways to further automate and optimise our data processing capabilities.
In this role you should be keen to look for ways to performance tune our APIs, data processing jobs and server-side applications, and improve the quality of our codebase. For this reason you should have experience in the development and deployment of distributed applications, and ideally have profiled and optimized web-scale applications in the past.
You should be keen to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You should also enjoy and value working in a close-knit team with other talented people, and have strong communication skills. You will be an early hire and therefore can expect to have a significant impact on the direction and culture of the company.
Our ideal candidate is an engineer with 2 to 3 years relevant DevOps experience, keen to take on more responsibility and learn at scale in a rapidly growing startup.
We think to be brilliant in your role you really need to have:
- 2-3 (at least) years experience managing infrastructure (preferably at scale)
- Experience running cloud infrastructure (preferably GCP)
- Infrastructure-as-code, automation and observability are daily key goals
- Excited about cloud native technology, scalable data engineering and stream processing
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
It would be a plus if you have any of these:
- Experience with configuration management and automation (Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Spinnaker)
- Experience working in the JVM ecosystem (most applications are written in Scala)
- Familiarity with distributed databases (Bigtable/HBase, Cassandra, InfluxDB)
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker and containerisation
- Experience with stream processing frameworks (Beam, Flink, Storm, Spark)
- Experience with distributing messaging queues (PubSub, Kafka, Kinesis)
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- Weekly lunches and quarterly socials. Highlights recently included karting, Crystal Maze and crazy golf.
- So many office snacks—you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
- Offices near Old Street/Barbican/Farringdon
- Shiny new MacBook Pro and large monitors
- Spacious desk