Head of People
We are looking for someone humble, emotionally intelligent that can tell us stories all about how you’ve helped build companies. You’ll know already how important this role is to a growing business, and we see this as a career defining role, so it’s of huge importance you come with ambition to make the work you do at Permutive the best work of your life. You will report directly to Joe Root, one of our Co-founders.
We plan to double in size by the end of the year, given this role doesn’t involve incredibly high-volume recruitment (at least for now) and it’s a greenfield opportunity, you will be afforded the time and autonomy to make sure we are doing everything the best way we can and to ensure we are set up for success in the future.
This role will hold accountability over three areas:
- Talent acquisition
- Candidate experience
- Employee happiness
You will spend most of your time on:
- Hiring - we plan to double in size over the next 6-12 months, so you’ll be hands-on and responsible for bringing great people into the business across both tech and non-tech roles
- Operational processes - we are looking for a process-driven expert to come in and instill a strong hiring culture throughout the organisation. This will involve designing and rolling out a great on and off boarding process, delivering various training (interview, bias) to the company and hopefully you come with many more ideas
- Ensuring the best candidate experience possible - whether the outcome was positive or negative, we want all candidates that engage with Permutive to remember us for going over-and-above to provide a brilliant interaction with our company
- Internal projects - you’ll take ownership over things like how we calculate compensation and stock option plans, organising team events and designing and rolling out a candidate evaluation process to introducing 360 feedback loops and supporting our organisational design
- People / HR - this hire will act as our all encompassing HR + recruitment expert, proving the business with best practices and guidance on all people related matters.
- L&D - we really want to invest in our employees - which stems from our mantra of being a lean organisation - so we would like to design an incredible learning & development program within the business to ensure all of our team members are happy and have the tools they need for personal and professional progression
- You’ve done this before - you’ve most likely been a Head of Talent or Head of People in another fast-growing startup, and know what it takes to build a brilliant recruitment function from scratch but now you’re looking to do it all over again
- Be great to work with - traits we highly value are humility, high emotional intelligence, being constantly curious and being a committed team player
- Pragmatism - you come with strong foundational theory but through experiences and trial and error you know what works and when to employ certain strategies
- Technology and startups - you know how startups work and you have an interest in technology that goes beyond reading articles
- Competitive pay targeted towards the top 25th percentile
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited holiday
- Option grant so you have shared ownership
- Pension scheme
- Weekly team lunches and quarterly all-day socials
Note: We believe unconscious biases result in pay gaps. To avoid this, we run a compensation calculator which will calculate your salary and is driven by your experience. We always aim to pay around the top 25th percentile and this is benchmarked against industry data from Option Impact. We review our numbers every 12 months.