We're building a platform for edge processing. Our first application has been within the world of Publishing, where we've built the world's first real-time Data Management Platform.
Our technology sits behind some of Europe's largest Publishers — from The Independent and Trinity Mirror through to Top Gear and BBC Good Food — enabling them to understand and personalise user experiences for hundreds of millions of people every month.
With a small, ambitious team, we've been able to achieve incredible things: last year we grew revenue 10x and built a platform which is delivering order of magnitude improvements over our billion dollar competitors.
We raised $10M in January and are backed by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in the world, including Y Combinator, EQT Ventures and Octopus Investments. Amongst others, their previous investments include AirBnB, Dropbox, Zoopla and Swiftkey.
We believe the People function is fundamental to achieving our mission. We're about to go through a period of rapid growth, and we're looking for our first People person to lead this.
As our People Lead, you'll be responsible for the full employee lifecycle:
- Recruitment: Managing the identification, attraction and assessment of talent.
- HR: On-boarding, developing, retaining and off-boarding employees.
- Office Management / Admin: Keep the office running day to day and manage administrative processes.
Over your first six months, you'll be building out and running all of the above. We believe measuring something is the way to make it move. This means that during your first few months you'll lay down the foundations for a data driven approach to People and build a stack which reflects this.
After your first six months, you'll start to build a team to execute across each of the three areas. You'll be taking a proactive approach, helping us us to identify, attract and retain talent ahead of the curve, rather than catching up with it. For example, you'll be building a strong employer brand to keep the pipeline full, building employee feedback processes to identify and address issues ahead of time and building relationships with key strategic hires ahead of schedule.
This role will be reporting to the CEO. Importantly, we believe the People team should be true culture champions within the company. This means you'll be working closely with the founders to champion and craft an environment which fosters psychological safety, share of voice and transparency.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 to 5 years experience operating within a People, Talent or HR role at a high growth, VC backed startup
- Have a keen interest in People Ops and an understanding of best practises and tools
- Demonstrate a proven ability to own and manage processes through to completion
- Be a self-starter; able to operate with little by way of foundation or guidance
- Have a genuine interest in people and a desire to understand what makes them tick and succeed
- Be empathetic with a desire to help and coach people towards achieving their goals
- Be curious about what makes teams highly successful
- Demonstrate high levels of self reflection
- Competitive pay targeted towards the top 25th percentile
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited holiday
- Option grant so you have shared ownership
- Pension scheme
- Weekly team lunches and quarterly all-day socials
Note: We believe unconscious biases result in pay gaps. To avoid this, we run a compensation calculator which will calculate your salary and is driven by your experience. We always aim to pay around the top 25th percentile and this is benchmarked against industry data from Option Impact. We review our numbers every 12 months.