Mobile Engineer (iOS)
Permutive is looking for a Mobile engineer to help connect our real-time data platform to the rest of the world.
Our SDKs are responsible for tracking billions of events every day, syncing with our cloud infrastructure, and reacting to events in real-time. Our SDKs are highly complex and present many interesting engineering challenges - they involve sequencing of asynchronous code, careful state management and run at scale on millions of devices every day. This presents a number of interesting engineering challenges, and for this reason, we believe a Computer Science degree and an interest in the low-level aspects of iOS/Android development is essential for this role. We'll be happy to discuss this in more detail if you come in for interview.
We currently have Mobile SDKs for iOS (Objective C) and Android (Kotlin), which are used by our customers in their mobile applications. We are looking for an engineer to take full ownership of Mobile engineering at Permutive: maintaining the roadmap and planning new features from inception to deployment.
An ideal fit for us would be someone with a Computer Science background and some experience with iOS and Android development, either commercially or on personal projects. You should be keen to join a fast-growing startup in a role where you'll have ownership of a core part of the platform.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Plan, maintain and execute the roadmap for our iOS and Android SDKs
- Put in place processes for building integrations with our partners
- Find ways to make our SDKs more performant and reduce impact on user experience
- Contribute to product development and strategy, working closely with frontend/backend engineers
- Work closely with customers to help them integrate our SDKs and gather feedback
- Build an automated testing framework
- Explore future use cases and ideas for Permutive on Mobile
We think to be brilliant in your role you really need to have:
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline
- Proficiency with a statically typed language
- Have a deep understanding of complexity, data structures and performance
- Have a broad understanding of software engineering concepts
- A desire to solve interesting and challenging engineering problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It would be a plus if you have any of these:
- Proficiency with Objective C, Kotlin or Java
- Experience with asynchronous functional code, e.g. futures and promises
- Experience working with REST APIs, or libraries that interact with APIs
- An interest in functional programming
- Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- Weekly lunches and quarterly socials — recent highlights include go-karting, escape rooms, Mexican food, and wine bars
- Office snacks and drinks so you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
- Private offices near Barbican/Old Street/Farringdon
- A MacBook Pro, dual monitors, and an electric height-adjustable desk