Technical Consultant (Customer Engineer)
We’re a small, friendly team trying to make big data actionable by anyone. We’ve built the world’s fastest Data Management Platform and the implications are huge. We have rapidly grown to over £1M ARR, beating billion dollar competitors in market to work with flagship publishers and marketers. On route to this, we’ve been backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Y Combinator, EF, EQT and Octopus Ventures. Behind the scenes our goal is to build an incredible company with an extraordinary culture. We’re looking for people who are excited by growth, embrace responsibility and are excited by enormous challenges. It’s a really exciting time to join, experience startup life and shape who we become.
Your role is to deliver technical solutions so our customers can derive maximum value from Permutive. As part of our Customer Success team you'll work with customers on a project basis. You'll focus on helping them deploy Permutive, integrate with other platforms, create custom solutions and explore their more creative ideas for the platform. You'll approach this by working closely with our Customer Success Managers to understand customer goals, then build your own solution or co-ordinate larger solutions with our Engineering team. Correctly set-up tech is vital for customer retention, but ultimately only a great product will create loyal customers. Always keeping this in mind you'll be an expert on the Permutive platform, seeking opportunities for future development and feeding these back to our Engineering Team. You'll work closely with our more innovative customers to understand how they're delivering ROI and explore their ideas for new use cases and features. You'll be managed by India, Customer Success Lead and supported by Josh, Lead Engineer. As a technical expert and people person you will bridge the gap between customer goals and our technology. You will be a dedicated, curious and thoughtful individual, with the humility to learn from others and reflect on your own development. Our hope is that you will thrive in this role and be given the opportunity to hire and lead your own team of Technical Consultants, expected to be 2 by the end of 2018.
- Your headline metric is customer ROI, by ensuring our customers have the technical set-up to get maximum value from our platform. In addition, you'll track and set targets for the following:
- Time to first value (for each customer implementation) ● Time to value (for each project that creates a new revenue stream)
- Time to integration PoC/ in roadmap (when scoping each integration for a customer)
On a day-to-day basis you will work with our customers, on a project basis, to
- Understand the project requirements and desired outcome
- Scope potential solutions at a high level
- Build quick solutions, including PoC and interim solutions
- Project manage delivery of larger solutions
- Hand information over to the Engineering team
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery Internally, you will work closely with our Engineering team to explore roadmap opportunities that you believe could transform our platform.
- Computer Science degree from a top University
- Write code, and be familiar with JS Skills
- Understand the web, APIs and system architecture at a high level
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Listen and ask relevant questions that advance your understanding
- Explain difficult technical concepts simply to non-technical people
- Present information concisely, using clear logic
- Intellectually curious
In our mind the real benefit is to join a team where you have a laugh together, have a huge personal impact on decisions and get excited about things together. It’s that incredible team feeling of ‘You’re my team and we’re gonna smash this’.
As a VC backed start-up we hope you’ll gain a huge amount from working with our team. And, of course, there’s other perks too.
- Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- Weekly lunches and quarterly socials — recent highlights include Mexican food, escape room and pub trips
- Your own desk, shiny new MacBook, and dual monitors
- Private offices near Farringdon
- Office snacks you’ll never go hungry or thirsty