Technical Consultant (Customer Engineer)
We're building a real-time data platform. Our first application has been within the world of Publishing, where we've built the world's first real-time Data Management Platform.
Our technology sits behind some of Europe's largest Publishers — from The Independent and Trinity Mirror through to Top Gear and BBC Good Food — enabling them to understand and personalise user experiences for hundreds of millions of people every month.
With a small, ambitious team, we've been able to achieve incredible things: last year we grew revenue 10x and built a platform which is delivering order of magnitude improvements over our billion dollar competitors.
We raised $10M in January and are backed by some of the best investors and entrepreneurs in the world, including Y Combinator, EQT Ventures and Octopus Investments. Amongst others, their previous investments include AirBnB, Dropbox, Zoopla and Swiftkey.
Your role is to deliver technical solutions so our customers can derive maximum value from Permutive. As part of our Customer Success team you'll work with customers on a project basis. You'll focus on helping them deploy Permutive, integrate with other platforms, create custom solutions and explore their more creative ideas for the platform. You'll approach this by working closely with our Customer Success Managers to understand customer goals, then build your own solution or co-ordinate larger solutions with our Engineering team. Correctly set-up tech is vital for customer retention, but ultimately only a great product will create loyal customers. Always keeping this in mind you'll be an expert on the Permutive platform, seeking opportunities for future development and feeding these back to our Engineering Team. You'll work closely with our more innovative customers to understand how they're delivering ROI and explore their ideas for new use cases and features. You'll be managed by India, Customer Success Lead and supported by Josh, Lead Engineer. As a technical expert and people person you will bridge the gap between customer goals and our technology. You will be a dedicated, curious and thoughtful individual, with the humility to learn from others and reflect on your own development. Our hope is that you will thrive in this role and be given the opportunity to hire and lead your own team of Technical Consultants, expected to be 2 by the end of 2018.
- Your headline metric is customer ROI, by ensuring our customers have the technical set-up to get maximum value from our platform. In addition, you'll track and set targets for the following:
- Time to first value (for each customer implementation) ● Time to value (for each project that creates a new revenue stream)
- Time to integration PoC/ in roadmap (when scoping each integration for a customer)
On a day-to-day basis you will work with our customers, on a project basis, to
- Understand the project requirements and desired outcome
- Scope potential solutions at a high level
- Build quick solutions, including PoC and interim solutions
- Project manage delivery of larger solutions
- Hand information over to the Engineering team
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery Internally, you will work closely with our Engineering team to explore roadmap opportunities that you believe could transform our platform.
- Computer Science degree from a top University
- Write code, and be familiar with JS Skills
- Understand the web, APIs and system architecture at a high level
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Listen and ask relevant questions that advance your understanding
- Explain difficult technical concepts simply to non-technical people
- Present information concisely, using clear logic
- Intellectually curious
- Competitive pay targeted towards the top 25th percentile
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited holiday
- Option grant so you have shared ownership
- Pension scheme
- Weekly team lunches and quarterly all-day socials
Note: We believe unconscious biases result in pay gaps. To avoid this, we run a compensation calculator which will calculate your salary and is driven by your experience. We always aim to pay around the top 25th percentile and this is benchmarked against industry data from Option Impact. We review our numbers every 12 months.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!