Compiler Engineer, Haskell/Scala
Permutive is looking for an engineer to own our real-time query infrastructure.
You’ll be developing and deploying our real-time query language and runtime, responsible for processing billions of events a day, across hundreds of millions of users monthly. You’ll be responsible for taking ownership of our current language: re-architecting what we have already to make it more flexible and performant, and designing new features as we look to support more use-cases.
We’re looking for someone interested in the intersection of compilers, query languages, and data stream processing. You should have experience working with an advanced statically-typed language like Haskell and be familiar with the traditional stages of compiler design (parsing, type-checking, abstract syntax trees, DSLs/EDSLs, interpreters, optimization, code generation). You should also have an interest in data engineering, particularly stream processing and event sourcing/CQRS. Interests in type systems, recursion schemes, iteratees/pipes/ conduit, finite automata, and stream fusion are welcome!
Technologies we use
- Infra: GCP, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Beam, Kafka, Pub/Sub, Bigtable
- Strong ability writing Haskell, Scala, or some other statically-typed FP language.
- Knowledge of DSLs/EDSLs
- Interest in real-time data processing and data engineering
- Knowledge of parsers
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as QuickCheck
- Strong computer science fundamentals: our scale demands a solid understanding of complexity and data structures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Our ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience and is comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of work at a rapidly growing startup.
- Stock options, so you get to own a piece of the pie
- Weekly lunches and quarterly socials — recent highlights include Go Karting, an escape room and Mexican food
- Your own desk, shiny new MacBook, and dual monitors
- Private offices near Farringdon/Barbican
- Office snacks you’ll never go hungry or thirsty
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!