Sales Engineer (UK)
Permutive is a real-time data platform. Our first application has been within the world of Publishing, where we've built the world's first real-time Data Management Platform.
Our technology sits behind some of the worlds largest Publishers — from The Independent and Trinity Mirror through to Buzzfeed and Conde Nast — enabling them to understand and personalize user experiences for hundreds of millions of people every month.
Since raising $10M in January from EQT Ventures and Octopus Investments, we’ve quadrupled our headcount, are on course to triple revenue in 2018.
Permutive Solutions Engineers are an innovative and creative team of problem solvers, at the heart of the Permutive business. The team helps leading publishers understand how Permutive’s technology can help them building a powerful and unique data-strategy.
The Solutions Engineering team works closely with various teams across the business, connecting Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering. Your expertise in technology, business consulting and sales is leveraged every day to drive innovation and new business. As a technical expert and people person you’ll bridge the gap between customer goals and our technology.
You’ll deliver technical solutions so our customers can derive maximum value from Permutive. You'll also work closely with our more innovative customers to understand how they're delivering ROI and explore their ideas for new use cases and features. Solutions Engineers are experts on the Permutive platform, seeking opportunities for future development and feeding these back to our Engineering team.
What you’ll be doing
- Communicating highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level decision-makers
- Producing and delivering tailored demos of Permutive’s platform
- Helping the sales team with closing new business through supporting any technical requirements
- Working closely with internal teams, including Engineering and Customer Success
- Keeping up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and industry trends
- Consolidate product feedback from the field to influence the product roadmap
- Scope and prototype new integrations
- Working with Customer Success to project-manager POCs
- Managing deployment of our platform into production and act as a liaison between our internal and the client's development team
- Working closely with Customer Success to enable our clients and help them with any technical queries or challenges
What you’ll need
- Previous experience as a software engineer or in a client-facing role, e.g. solutions architect, partner engineer or sales engineer, solutions consultant
- Experience with Chrome dev tools and cross-browser feature support
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Being able to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Strong organisational skills along with the ability to work to a deadline
- To be a self-starter and be prepared for some travel around the UK and Europe
- Enthusiasm to be a part of a fast growing start-up
- Competitive pay targeted towards the top 25th percentile
- Time to rest and relax with unlimited holiday
- Option grant so you have shared ownership
- Weekly team lunches and quarterly all-day socials
- Pension scheme
Note: We believe unconscious biases result in pay gaps. To avoid this, we run a compensation calculator which will calculate your salary and is driven by your experience. We always aim to pay around the top 25th percentile and this is benchmarked against industry data from Option Impact. We review our numbers every 12 months.